How did I turn $3,000 into $166,000 in just 2 weeks?
Facebook likes? No!
Posting on Facebook? No!
Having worked in digital marketing for over 10 years, specializing in all aspects of website design, SEO, Social media management, PPC, email marketing etc.
And over this time, I have seen what actually gets a company an monetary ROI just a vanity metric... something I understand, as a a small business owner myself is what really matters.
I am lucky enough to be in business and an early adopter of an advertising strategy that is underused, not understood and so is extremely powerful and inexpensive.
So how did I turn $3,000 into $166,000 in just 2 weeks?
Facebook (and Instagram) has some of the most powerful targeting tools of any online advertising program. You can target by virtually anything on a user’s profile. And most importantly, you can target potential customers that do not even like your page.
So who did I target with Facebook (and Instagram) ads to turn $3,000 into $166,000 in just 2 weeks?
- Running ads targeted toward past visitors to the site. You’re getting traffic to your checkout pages, but your bounce rate on those pages is pretty high. You realize that people are right on the edge of converting but you’re losing them. Through Facebook’s tracking pixel, you can identify visitors who bounced and run a targeted ad based on their behavior. For example, you could offer a Facebook-exclusive coupon code or some sort of freebie to incentivize them to complete their purchase.
- Target people based on their interests.
- Target a private list of users - so instead of sending newsletter emails, i send ads to my email list.
- Location, you can specify either city, zip code, county, or state. And people that recently moved to the area.
- Basic demographics, including relationship status, age, workplace, education (including major and years of attendance), birthday, and much more.
It really was that simple.